New for 2019 – Dinosaurs have returned once again to Exmouth and this time they will definitely get your heart racing.
Alongside our wonderful dinosaurs, everyone (both young and prehistoric!) can now take a walking trail around Exmouth and collect dinosaur brass rubbings as you go!
This will be a great opportunity to take in the sights of Exmouth with the whole family and to get active outdoors.
The New Dinosaur Trail launches officially on 25th May 2019. There will be a Town and a wider Explorer Trail. Both trails feature a series of 15 dinosaur brass rubbing plaques to find. Along both trails you’ll be able to spot the many life-size dinosaurs – and look out for the new dinosaur ‘paddock’ in Exmouth’s Strand.
Launching alongside the wonderful Exmouth Festival, locals and visitors will find The Exmouth Dinosaur Trail map will take them on either the Town or Explorer trail.
- Pick up an Exmouth Dinosaur Trail Map from the Tourist Information Office in the Strand, or from the Exmouth Festival during the launch day.
- Decide on whether you would like to follow the Town Trail, the Explorer Trail or your own route of the life-size dinosaurs.
- Pads and crayons are encouraged as there are 30 Dinosaur brass rubbings on the trail to find – OR pick up a dinosaur pack including a special booklet, crayons and sticker for £1 (from the businesses below).
- Once you’ve completed 15 brass rubbings, or ticked off all the dinosaurs on your map, you are eligible for a Exmouth Dinosaur souvenir Trail Badge – these can be collected from the businesses below.
- Don’t forget to tidy up as you go – our dinosaurs hate litter and we don’t want to upset them!
- Enjoy the outdoors, take photos, draw pictures and tell us how much fun you’ve had.
- Tag your photos with #exmouthdinosaurtrail
- For more information check out exmouthdinosaurtrail.co.uk (awaiting launch)
What the locals say…
“Its great to see the Dinosaurs back again, and what a great idea to take it all round town so everyone can see what Exmouth has to offer!”
Dinosaur packs and souvenir badge collection points:
- Exmouth Tourist Information Centre – 45A Strand, EX8 1AL
- The Book Rest – 18 Parade, EX8 1RW
- Exmouth Indoor Market – 12 Strand, EX8 1AB
- Bumble and Bee – Manor Gardens, Alexandra Terrace, EX8 1BB
- Harbour Crepes & Gifts – 3 Shelly Court, Pier Head, EX8 1ER
- Oddfellows, Queens Drive Park Space – Queens Drive, Esplanade, EX8 2AY
- Bumble and Sea – Orcombe Point, Exmouth
Photography credits: Chris Battershill