Mussels are a big thing here in Exmouth (NB: we’re talking about ‘mussels’ not ‘muscles’).
River Exe mussels are regarded as being among the best available; with top restaurants, such as Michel Roux Jr’s world-renowned La Gavroche, serving our local delicacy.
A few years back, the people of Exmouth decided it was time to shout about the amazing seafood found in our waters, so they founded the (now annual) Exmouth Mussel Festival.
Why not join the celebrations on this great day out for seafood lovers?
Don’t worry, there’s also plenty of things to entertain the kids: from giant lobsters, to sand sculpture competitions, craft activities and live music.
- Arrive early to bag a good spot to watch the entertainment on the main stage.
- Are you a fan of cooking? Don’t miss the culinary demonstrations, led by top seafood chefs! You’re sure to pick up some great tips!
- The date of the festival changes year on year, check here for updates.
- To find out more about Exmouth Mussels visit their website. The Exmouth Mussel Company produces around 2,000 tonnes of mussels each year.
- Don’t miss the Sand Sculpture competition on Exmouth Beach, a must for all those with young children.
What the locals say…
“We love the festival, especially the local craft beers and wines on offer that compliment the mussels beautifully.”