From comedy classes, watercolour workshops and even guerrilla knitting, there is something for everyone. With live music every night of the week, covering all genres, the music scene in Exmouth is a far cry from the usual tribute acts on offer in seaside towns.
One of the main events in the Exmouth calendar is Exmouth Festival, a vibrant and contemporary free community festival, running since 1996. Though primarily an arts festival, a large emphasis is placed on supporting new and emerging artists from the world of music, art, culture, and community projects, which brings in not only local audiences but holiday makers too. Based at the Imperial Recreation Ground, Exmouth Festival is held over the Whitsun Bank Holiday weekend.
In 2018, we had over 60 live music acts performing a wide variety of genres and in recent years, the Festival has played host to BBC award winning artists, BBC introducing acts, and established household names such as Bad Manners, who performed at our 2016 Festival as part of their 40th Anniversary tour and Toyah who performed in 2017.
Building on 20+ years of success, the line-up for this year is looking the best yet, with more big-name acts and opportunities for the up-and-coming stars of tomorrow. More details of this year’s line-up can be found here.
While Exmouth Festival is an annual affair, throughout the rest of the year there are many arts and cultural events in Exmouth which offer art, music, theatre, and activities for all ages, including:
- Blackmore Theatre — Home of The Exmouth Players
- Centre Stage — a multi-award-winning Youth Theatre Company
- Exmouth Art Group — 200+ active members working in a variety of media and disciplines
- Exmouth Musical Theatre Company — exciting and charismatic performances within the South West
- Exmouth Pavilion — LED Leisure’s cafe, bar, indoor & outdoor events venue
- Exmouth Community Arts Centre – a new website dedicated to The Arts in Exmouth, including exhibitions, happenings, workshops and courses