Promenade the longest seafront in Devon
I do like to stroll along the prom, prom, prom! While the brass bands play: “Tiddely-Om-Pom-Pom!”
Widely believed to be Britain’s oldest seaside resort, for generations Exmouth has attracted holiday-makers from far and wide.
There really is nothing like strolling along the longest seafront in Devon. Whether you’re after a breath of fresh air, you’re keen to do a bit of people watching (exactly what the promenade was used for in Victorian Times) or you just want to drink in the beautiful vistas.
No matter the time of year, there’s always something going on down at our seafront. Watch kite surfers soar, enjoy a variety of seaside amusements, stop for a cuppa or listen to the regular musical performances that take place on this coastal wonder!
Hints and tips…
- The Esplanade becomes very busy during weekends and holidays – the ideal time to people watch!
- If you’re walking your dog, do pick up after it. Fines are in place.
- Be aware of the cycle path that runs along The Esplanade, cyclists have right of way here.
- The Esplanade is beautifully lit at night, a moonlit stroll is not to be missed.
- Check out the Exmouth webcam to see what you’re missing.
What the locals say…
“I love a morning walk along The Esplanade, you see something different every day!”
Photography credits: Lightly we are seeking approval for the images used on this page