Where’s the best environment to eat seafood? We’d have to argue that floating on the water’s a pretty good contender.
A stay in Exmouth offers many memorable experiences, but a trip to The River Exe Café has to be one of the most unique.
Anchored in the middle of the River Exe Estuary, a visit to this eatery is more than just a meal, it’s a mini adventure – perfect for both young and old.
The restaurant’s season runs from April 1st to the 30th of September.
- Make sure you book in advance, the River Exe Café gets busy and you’ll need them to organize a water taxi for you.
- Your booking will allow for 2.5 hours at the café. If you want longer, let the staff know when you book.
- Make sure you bring some warm clothing, it can get windy on the river, even on sunny days.
- Check out this webcam, find the River Exe Café, if the flag is flying it’s open. If not, it’s closed.
- To book a table email [email protected] or phone 07761 116103.
What the locals say…
“Look out for seals as you travel to the River Exe Café in the water taxi. They can often be seen sunbathing on sandbanks.”