Where’s the best environment to sample the local seafood? We’d have to argue that floating on the water is a pretty good contender.
A stay in Exmouth offers many memorable experiences, but a trip to the River Exe Café has to be one of the most unique.
Anchored in the middle of the River Exe Estuary, a visit to this eatery is more than just a meal, it’s a mini adventure – perfect for both young and old alike. So jump on a water taxi and enjoy the trip up to the Café and enjoy the freedom of the open water.
You see – that’s what’s special about Exmouth – the wide open space and the sea air which gives one a sense of instant relaxation at the same time as feeling free and exhilarated (that makes you think ‘I’m alive’)! The River Exe Café celebrates this feeling in all its glory.
So get a water taxi, grab bottle of beer/wine and watch the sun set over the Exe estuary. Perfect!
The restaurant’s season runs from April to the end of September.
- Make sure you book in advance, the River Exe Café gets busy and you’ll need them to organize a water taxi for you.
- Your booking will allow for 2.5 hours at the café. If you want longer, let the staff know when you book.
- Make sure you bring some warm clothing, it can get windy on the river, even on sunny days.
- Check out this webcam, find the River Exe Café, if the flag is flying it’s open.
- To book a table email [email protected] or phone 07761 116103.
What the locals say…
“Look out for seals as you travel to the River Exe Café in the water taxi. They can often be seen sunbathing on sandbanks.”