The World of Country Life’s fascinating historical exhibitions offer a snapshot of rural life from times gone by – perfect for a more leisurely day out.
Step back in time, by taking a trip down Memory Lane – WOCL’s Victorian street – where you can pop into the dress shop, explore the game keeper’s cottage, test your metal at the ironmongers or even drink in the atmosphere at the pub!
The farming exhibition, housing a vast array of agricultural technology ranging from the Victorian period right up to the present day, is an experience not to be missed! Packed with extraordinary farm and agricultural machinery – some of which you can even see in action!
HALL OF TRANSPORT
The World of Country Life has one of the South West’s largest collections of steam engines, vintage cars and vehicles. With over 40 impressive vehicles on display at any one time, it’s undeniably among the best transport exhibits on permanent display in the Westcountry.
Look out for WOCL’s special ‘celebrity’ vehicles, stars of shows such as Mr Selfridge, Downton Abbey and Parade’s End.
- Get there early, there really is so much to do…
- Don’t forget to book online for 10% discounted tickets.
- Be sure to check out WOCL’s website for the latest on special events – from Vintage Classic Car Rallies to the now famous annual Welly Wanging championship!
- Why not include a cream tea in your itinerary? They’re served in the Food Barn.
- Don’t forget that, aside from the historical exhibits, there are many animals to see at WOCL. We’d recommend visiting the Hawkridge Bird of Prey Centre.
What the locals say…
“Their historical and car collection is a real hidden gem. It’s easy to get up close and personal with the exhibits – many are working and interactive. I’d recommend The World of Country Life car collection to any petrol-head.”