Here in Exmouth, we’re (understandably) proud of our position at the gateway to the Jurassic Coast. We’re blessed to be located on The World Heritage Site – with its unique fossil-rich rocks – bringing visitors from all around the globe.
It’s impossible to miss the distinctive orange cliffs that mark the beginning of the natural wonder – where dinosaurs of all shapes and sizes roamed, millions of years ago.
- In or out of season, the Jurassic Coast is a wonder to behold. Why not pay it a visit both in the Summer and Winter months?
- Walking from the Devon Cliffs Park with its South Beach Cafe to Exmouth (or vice versa) is a great way to see the amazing cliffs up close.
- Walk along the cliff-top path or (when the tide is out) you can walk along the beach.
- Make sure you check the tide times – the beach route is only accessible when the tide is out – you could get stranded. Click here for tide times.
- It’s important to stay safe while exploring the Jurassic Coast. Keep away from the edge of cliff-tops and the base of cliffs. Always check the weather forecast before you go.
- For more safety information and guidance check out the Jurassic Coast website.
- In case of emergency dial 999 and ask for the Coastguard.
- Another great way to experience the Jurassic Coast is on a Stuart Line Cruise – click here for details.
What the locals say…
“We’re so lucky to be on the Jurassic Coast – it really is beautiful. I love walking on the coastal path imagining all the dinosaurs that lived here in the past!”