Discover a lost world on the Jurassic Coast
Here in Exmouth, we’re (understandably) proud of our position at the gateway to the Jurassic Coast. We’re blessed to be located on The World Heritage Site – with its unique fossil-rich rocks – bringing visitors from all around the globe.
It’s impossible to miss the distinctive orange cliffs that mark the beginning of the natural wonder – where dinosaurs of all shapes and sizes roamed, millions of years ago.
- In or out of season, the Jurassic Coast is a wonder to behold. Why not pay it a visit both in the Summer and Winter months?
- Walking from the Devon Cliffs Park with its South Beach Cafe to Exmouth (or vice versa) is a great way to see the amazing cliffs up close.
- Walk along the cliff-top path or (when the tide is out) you can walk along the beach.
- Make sure you check the tide times – the beach route is only accessible when the tide is out – you could get stranded. Click here for tide times.
- It’s important to stay safe while exploring the Jurassic Coast. Keep away from the edge of cliff-tops and the base of cliffs. Always check the weather forecast before you go.
- For more safety information and guidance check out the Jurassic Coast website.
- In case of emergency dial 999 and ask for the Coastguard.
- Another great way to experience the Jurassic Coast is on a Stuart Line Cruise – click here for details.
What the locals say…
“We’re so lucky to be on the Jurassic Coast – it really is beautiful. I love walking on the coastal path imagining all the dinosaurs that lived here in the past!”