The health and safety of residents and visitors is of paramount importance to us all and we want to share ongoing information and advice related to COVID-19 (Coronavirus) which we hope you will find useful.
The latest government information can be found on the UK government website.
We strongly recommend that you check your plans before you travel, as events and activities may have been postponed or cancelled – and venues will sometimes require advance bookings.
Exmouth Tourist Information Service is a voluntary service and currently remains closed (but is working to open their doors again in the near future). However emails are continuing to be monitored. If you have any enquiries please email. You can still request a town guide to be posted to you, click here to order.
Events will have been postponed or cancelled in accordance with government guidelines. An updated events list of what’s happening will be published as guidelines and restrictions are slowly relaxed.
Museum and attractions
- Exmouth Museum remains closed at this current time until further notice.
- World of Country Life opening again 13 July.
- A La Ronde gardens are open but advance booking is required.
- Stuart line Cruises are sailing again!
- Excape – Exmouth Escape Rooms are open again for people living in the same household and their bubble.
- Bumbe & Tee Pitch & Putt in Phear Park now open
Food & Drink
Like the rest of the country, eateries have learnt to adapt to meet government guidelines and Exmouth is no exception, with many businesses now offering takeaway and delivery services.
Are the toilets open?
East Devon District Council are responsible for the toilets in Exmouth. The following toilets have been re-opened from 8:00–20:00:
East Devon District Council offer FREE parking for NHS staff, Social Care staff and volunteers in their pay and display car parks. Please display a note with appropriate form of ID on your windscreen. For more information visit here.
For advice on travelling by GWR visit here. GWR is running a normal timetable.
Stagecoach have introduced a major uplift to their service with effect from 20 June 2020 with some of their routes returning to normal timetables. For more information visit here.
- Route 57: Brixington–Exmouth–Lympstone–Topsham–Exeter (NEW full timetable here)
- Route 95: Exmouth–Sandy Bay (starts Sunday 26 July )
- Route 98: Exmouth–Moorfield Road–Dinan Way–Littleham (normal timetable)
- Route 99E: Littleham–Exmouth Town Centre–Moorfield Road–Brixington (normal timetable)
- Route 157/357: Exmouth–Budleigh Salterton–Sidmouth (normal timetable)
Exmouth Land train
Is the beach open?
Exmouth beach is still open, however here are some important things you should know first.
- Exmouth Beach Rescue – the voluntary community lifeguard and lifesaving club is currently suspended until further notice. For safety advice before heading for the beach visit here.
- Exmouth Coastwatch is one of the 50-strong network of National Coastwatch Institution (NCI) lookout stations around the UK’s coasts. Volunteers work with the Coastguard and the RNLI by keeping watch for people on the water and the beach who may get into difficulties.